Describe a person you would like to study or work with
IELTS Speaking Part 2: IELTS speaking Cue card
Describe a person you would like to study or work with
You should say:-
– Who is that person?
– Why would you like to study with him/her?
– What will you study?
Note: you have to talk for 1 to 2 minutes. You have 1 minute to take a look at the main points and prepare some notes which you can use while speaking.
Sample answer (1) Describe a person you would like to study or work with
I am an extrovert person.I really love the company of someone whether it is study or work. Here, I’m going to talk about a person with whom I would like to work.
He is none other than my elder brother, Gourav. Currently, he is studying Hotel management in Canada as well as he does part-time work in the same field. He has a strong personality and is responsible for his work.
To be honest, already we have worked together; actually, we used to help our father in his business during our study days. Moreover, his creative mind always led to things being easy for us. In addition, his dedication to work motivated me to work hard in order to get better outcomes from work. Moving further, I would like to work with my brother because he is a wonderful partner for my business.
As I want to open a restaurant in my hometown, and he has lots of experience in this field.
His experience will help to boost business. Also, he is a more trustworthy partner for me. A few months ago, we discussed opening new restaurant in the future and also discussed our roles as well as responsibilities. Besides this, we will keep the name of the restaurant on our parent’s name to make them proud. As soon as he will come back in India after his studies and with an internship, we will start working together. So, this is a person, I would like to work with.
Sample answer (2) Describe a person you would like to study or work with
I love to study and work with those whom I am comfortable with and have excellent bonding. Here I would like to talk about a person whom I would like to work with in the future. Actually, he is none other than my brother and his name is Mani
It is my dream since childhood to set up an educational institute in my area with my brother because he has great skills as well as the natural power to address any kind of hard situation in an easy way. Moreover, he has depth knowledge regarding various subjects and he is one of the multitalented persons in my family.
There are some reasons why I want to open an institute in my area. Firstly, in my hometown, there is not any institute that provides the best quality education to children. Ergo, a number of children in my area are deprived of education. Therefore by opening an institute, we can teach needy and poor children. Actually, when we are together, no one topic remains problematic for us. If we finally work together I will feel over the moon because it will not only make the better for needy and poor children but also make our bonding strong.
Sample answer (3) Describe a person you would like to study or work with
● I normally study alone as I find it hard to study with someone else.
● However, there are times when I don’t feel like studying and it helps if someone can
● Moreover, there are subjects like history, which I find really boring to study alone.
● In these cases, I do prefer studying with someone else.
● I had a classmate, Yash in 10th standard and many of my friends told me that he was a very
good study partner.
● So if I do get a chance, I would like to study with him.
● He has many unique qualities.
● First, he has a very good grasping power, so he was always able to understand things really
● He is also very patient. I have heard from friends that he can sit and explain things for hours.
● One of my major problems in studying has been my inability to memorize facts and figures
and he is very good with mnemonics, which I feel like can be really helpful for me.
● I remember in school days, he made a mnemonic for the first twenty elements of the
periodic table and it became so popular in the school.
● Everyone used it and that’s why perhaps my entire class found chemistry very easy.
● That’s one more reason I would like to study with him. He is willing to share his knowledge.
● I have heard him saying many things in class that the best way to increase one’s knowledge
is to share knowledge.
● At the moment he is doing a master’s in economics in Canada.
● He is at the same college I am interested in attending.
● Hopefully, I would get a chance to meet him there and study something together.
Part 3:- Follow-ups of “Describe a person you would like to study or work with”
1. What kind of people do you like to study or work with?
I like to study or work with people who are intelligent, cooperative, and helpful.
2. Do you think managers can be friends with their subordinates?
Yes, they can. But the subordinates must realize that such a friendship can be affected if
they become complacent at their work well because of their friendship.
3. Which one is more important for you at work, the development in work-related skills or the
recognitions from your supervisor?
Both are equally important to me. Development in work skills is very essential to progress
and get promotions at work. Recognition from supervisors gives me the impetus to work
4. Should children be allowed to choose whom they want to sit with or it should be decided by
In the primary classes, it should be decided by the teachers, because the teacher will know
better which students could be more helpful to each other if made to sit together. In senior
classes, children can figure out for themselves whom to sit with.
5. Should children be involved in the management activities of the school?
I believe that they should be. They feel important and they learn confidence. They can voice
out their problems and help the school authorities find answers for them.
6. How should one behave in the office to get along well with others?
One should behave nicely. One should be polite to others and cooperate with them. One
should not do leg-pulling of other colleagues.
7. Is it important for children in school to get along well with others?
Yes, it is very important for children to get along well with others. If children learn how to
get along with their peers at school, they will learn how to get along with others in life when
they are older.
More Cue Cards You Should Read: